I should be happy / loving / grateful all the time, but I am not. Sometimes I hate this and how I react.
This workshop looks at Maternal Ambivalence and helps normalise some of the complex conflicting emotions you can have as a mother / parent.
We will touch upon how emotions act as signposts (e.g. anger can indicate unmet needs). Exploring ways we can ground ourselves and regulate our emotions.
This workshop will enable you to:
- Recognise that conflicting emotions are normal
- Develop ways to regulate your emotional reactions when you feel overwhelmed
- Repair with your child (and yourself) when you react and want to start over
- Reframe 'negative' emotions as information about things we might want to change
What you'll get:
- Workshop recording (2 hours)
- Includes a mix of theoretical content, self reflection exercises and group discussion
- Split into 4 modules for ease of viewing (like a mini course)
- Learning journal to accompany workshop